Pulmac Systems provides monitoring and diagnostic equipment to the producers of pulp, paper, and board.
Pulmac measures contaminants by preparing, concentrating them from a pulp sample and then measuring them. Our contaminant equipment includes the following features:
- Sample preparation creates a known amount of oven dried equivalent of pulp in a form acceptable for screening.
- Screening concentrates contaminants by removing the fiber according to screen plate slot size.
- Measuring contaminates can be done by weight or image analysis.
Pulp Strength Equipment
Pulmac offers three levels of testing automation to measure Fiber Strength, Fiber Length, and intra Fiber Bonding by determining the zero and short span tensile strength of a 60 grams/m2 sheet of randomly oriented fibers.
- Z-Span™ Tester: Manual tester than measures a single 1”x4” test strip for 1 zero or short span tensile test in n/m2.
- Auto Z-Span™ Tester: Automated tester than measures three 2”x2” test strips for 24 zero and/or short span tensile tests in n/m2.
- Pulp Strength Evaluation System™: Turnkey automated testing system that supports sample preparation, test sheet generation and automated zero and/or short span tensile testing in n/m2.
Pulmac offers equipment to support sample preparation.
- Moisture Balance: Rapidly dry and weigh for solids content and residual weight.
- Dewatering Device: Squeeze 3%+ pulp to 30% solids.
- Heated Press: Conforming to Tappi Test Method T277, determining macrostickies content.
- Speed Dryer: Rapidly dry rejected shives for residual weight.
- Laminator: Conforming to laminator test method for stickies.
- Accept Collection Bag: Collect fiber accepts in MasterScreen™ with 200 mesh sample bag.